1. How much money is needed? A: Approximately $45,000 dollars.
2. Where will the Statue be erected? A: In Fredericksburg Virginia, at the City Dock Park, where the Irish Brigade "lay on its arms" on the night of December 12, 1862 -- the night before its fateful attack on Maryes Heights.
3. Do you have permission to erect the statue? A: In work. Several Fredericksburg City Council members are aware and are supportive.
4. What percentage of donations goes to overhead? A: The committee has no paid employees. 99%+ of all funds go to the Statue. A small percentage of contributions pay for web presence and State filing and corporation fees.
5. Are you a registered charity? A: YES: The 28th Massachusetts Volunteer Infantry, Company B has Virginia 501 (3)c non-profit exempt organization status.
6. What is the expected duration of the fundraising effort? A: 2 years (2017-2018).
7. What happens to the funds if the effort falls short? A: Any funds in excess of need will be donated to Civil War preservation in the Fredericksburg area.
8. How can I contribute? A: Through PayPal to Signals28thMVI@yahoo.com or IB_Statue_Info@yahoo.com